Tuesday, March 21, 2006

In a Row, but not rowing...

On my VERY first trip to Florida the Fall of 2005, I took a ride out to see the southern part of the Atlantic Ocean. I grew up in New England and I'm very familiar with the northern part. I do have to say... it's much warmer down south ;) When going swimming in December, in Florida... be prepared to have lots of funny looks as the natives shake their heads and think to themselves "tourists" while they are bundled up in winter gear. I guess we do look funny to them. These gulls enjoyed taking the ride too. There are many types of gulls, but since moving to upstate NY, I've lost much of the knowledge of shorebirds that I use to have. Of course NY has nothing to do with it, perhaps it's the years I've accumulated ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home